Welcome!

I'm Amy Monroy, a portrait photographer specializing in newborns, children, and families. This blog is where I will post photos from recent sessions, business information & details, and specials.

Thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February Photo Challenge: LOVE

I'm not usually one to enter photography contests, but I'm trying to reach out and challenge myself in different ways. There is a forum called Rock the Shot (www.rocktheshotforum.com) that does a monthly photo challenge and while I've thought of participating in the past, I've never actually done it. When I saw a reminder of the challenge on Facebook, I immediately thought of the newborn session I did recently and knew that I wanted to submit a photo that made me think of "love". I know that most of you have seen this picture before, but I am going to share it again as my entry.

I absolutely, positively, love this picture! I can't think of anything that screams love more than the adoration these two new parents have for their beautiful baby girl. No, it's not perfect, but my goal is always to portray the emotion I feel when I take a picture and I feel like this image was a success when measured by that standard.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment